Important Notice: Misuse of LFPH Logo/Branding May Incur Legal Consequences

Lucy Yang

Hi everyone,

We have noticed some confusion after CCI joined Linux Foundation Public Health (LFPH). Please find below clarifications and make sure you are not misusing LFPH logo/branding.

  1. CCI is an open community hosted by LFPH. CCI doesn’t offer membership and is free to join by any individuals or organizations. Joining could mean subscribing to our mailing list(s), attending our calls, contributing to our documents, etc. For now, there is no need to sign anything before you can participate in any of our activities.
  2. LFPH offers paid corporate membership and free public health authority/academic/non-profit membership that is separate from CCI. If you are interested in joining LFPH as a member, you can find more information here or reach out to me so I can put you in touch with someone from LFPH.
  3. Participating in CCI doesn’t automatically make any individual or organization a member of LFPH. Any CCI participants (individuals or organizations), if you are not an LFPH member yet, are not supposed to claim yourselves as an LFPH member or use any LFPH logo/branding on your website or other communication materials. Misuse of LFPH logo/branding may incur legal consequences to you or your organizations.

  4. CCI is working on policies regarding the use of CCI logo/branding and the recognition of different levels of participation at CCI on our website. Please stay tuned.
If you have any questions, please feel free to write to me.

Thanks,
Lucy

--
Lucy Yang, Community Director
COVID-19 Credentials Initiative (CCI)

CCI is an open global community hosted by Linux Foundation Public Health (LFPH), a Linux Foundation initiative to build, secure, and sustain open-source software to help public health authorities (PHAs) combat COVID-19 and future epidemics.

Join mainCCI@covidcreds.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.