Re: Discussion Session: EOs by the Biden Administration and Implications for Our Work at CCI

John Walker

Hello All,

Thanks for participating in the call this morning.
Discussion topic:  How the EOs by the Biden Administration and Implications for Our Work at CCI

1. Consensus from the group discussion was that it would be most effective to communicate to the CDC directly to affect the implementation of verifiable credentials to support the vaccine administration rollout.
    - Work efforts to support this:
         - Create a 2-3 page high level advocacy document targeted to CDC and other US government agency executives
           - Richard Bookman will drive that effort and enlist the help of interested community members
           - Target for delivery of the 1st draft is Tues. 1/26 with a completion target of Friday 1/29
         - Create a high level data and information flow document to supplement and support the advocacy document targeted to CDC and other US government agency executives
           - Michael MacFarland will drive that effort and enlist the help of interested community members
           - Target for delivery of the 1st draft is Friday 1/29
    - Next working meeting scheduled for : Monday 1/25 @ 7:00am PT
    - Working draft documents will be shared via links, stored on LFPH:CCI

Please find attached the links to the audio recording and the public chat.

Please contact me if you have questions.
thx
-jw-

On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 8:00 AM Lucy Yang <lucyy.cci@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks to the suggestion of Timothy Ruff, the CCI Vaccine Credentials US Subgroup (still forming) is going to host an informal pre-launch session starting now (8 am PT/ 11 am ET/ 17:00 CET) to discuss the Executive Orders issued by the Biden administration yesterday and what it means to our work at CCI on vaccine credentials. Please join if you are interested!

Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/93501288651

The call will be recorded and share with the community later.

Thanks,
Lucy

--
Lucy Yang, Community Director
COVID-19 Credentials Initiative (CCI)

CCI is an open global community hosted by Linux Foundation Public Health (LFPH), a Linux Foundation initiative to build, secure, and sustain open-source software to help public health authorities (PHAs) combat COVID-19 and future epidemics.

--
John Walker, Community Architect

Join mainCCI@covidcreds.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.